Terminal 1 opened in March, 1972. This photo was taken in 1979, well before the dramatic expansion that would start in early 2000s. At the time, Lufthansa operated out of “Flugsteig” A and B. This view focuses on Flugsteig A, with Flugsteig B being visible to the right. Plenty of classic Lufthansa aircraft are visible wearing the classic 1970s and 1980s livery.
Image copyright: Fraport Bildarchiv. For more Fraport history go to: www.Fra-History.de
|medium-resolution image (1200 pixels)||high-resolution image (2400 pixels)|
|Image width||1200 pixels||2400 pixels|
|Image height||878 pixels||1756 pixels|
|Suggested print size||4 x 2.93 in (10.16 x 7.43 cm)||8 x 5.85 in (20.32 x 14.87 cm)|